Your course content
What you will learn
You will dive into the diverse fields of advertising, marketing, consumer behaviour and market research. Your curriculum brings together empirical research, brand planning and innovation strategies on the one hand and visual, verbal and audiovisual communication on the other. Solid theoretical knowledge is balanced with practical projects. Your individual projects are based on actual briefings, contributed directly by advertising agencies, commercial enterprises or cultural and social businesses.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
The internationally recognised BA Advertising & Brand Communication prepares you for a career in advertising agencies, marketing and advertising departments of commercial enterprises as well as in media companies and cultural businesses. You will also be able to access numerous postgraduate and Master's programmes.
- Strategic Planner
- Account Manager
- Concept Writer
- Media Designer
- Art Director
Virtual Open House | Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden
13 February 2021, 10 am - 3 pm (CET) | Get to know our professors and our team from home and take part in lectures and workshops. Sign up now!
"What I love about the university: We have people from all over the world in our class. We have a flexible schedule, so we have a lot of free time for internships or other projects aside from university. Our teachers treat us students as equals. On top of that, the university supports our ideas: We have access to photo studios, professional equipment and highly-qualified staff that is ready to help. Also, we have a great location at Moritzplatz.
What I love about my Advertising Programme: I, as a foreigner, can learn everything in English and meet people from around the globe. It is a fun mix of marketing, creative work, writing and design. It is very multidimensional and covers a lot of different fields of the media world.
About me: I come from Poland but have lived in Berlin for many years. I wanted to study at BSDC because I loved the atmosphere and the people. I visited the school during open door days and talked with teachers and students. I wanted to study in an international, creative environment. I wanted to explore many faces of the media world. I also won the internship which I will be forever grateful for. I am happy that the Berlin School of Desing and Communication believed in me and my potential!"
Chat with our students.
Do you want first-hand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Berlin, Hamburg and Dresden.
Event SRH Berlin Virtual Info Session - SPECIAL Design & Communication programmes
We're inviting you to get to know our university and our Design & Communication programmes! Our study advisor will tell you everything you need to know and guide you through the whole process.Event
Event SRH Virtual Open House
by SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences. We have an exciting programme prepared for you. Get to know our president, professors, our team and take part in lectures and workshops. We are looking forward to seeing you.Event
B.A. Advertising & Brand Communication Your curriculum
- Advertising Conception (Advertising Techniques, Communication Concept + Positioning) 5
- Marketing I (Business Models, Marketing Management) 5
- Brand Design (Corporate Design, Packaging Design) 5
- Advertising Film I (Film Theory, Storyboard + Animatic, Basics in Advertising Film) 5
- Consumer + Advertising Psychology (Perception + Activation, Motivation + Attitude) 5
- Communication Sciences (Models + Research) 5
- Writing for Advertising I (Copy Writing, Headline, Rhetorics) 5
- Creative Strategies I (Advertising Strategies, Creative Brief + Big Idea) 5
- Advertising Design I (Image, Colour, Typography, Sketch + Final Draw) 5
- Market Research I (Quantative + Qualitative Methods, Survey Design) 5
- Photography for Advertising (Product + People Photography, Campaign) 5
- Elective 5
- Marketing II (Nonprofit + Social Marketing, Marketing Ethics) 5
- Creative Strategies II (Innovation Strategies, Design-Driven Innovation) 5
- Writing for Advertising II (Advertising Videos, Crossmedia + Transmedial) 5
- Media Sciences (Models + Research) 5
- Design Lab (Design Research, Free Design Project) 5
- Project/Campaign/Pitch (Interdisciplinary Project) 5
- Content Strategies (Content Marketing, Storytelling) 5
- Media + Account Planning (Media + Channel Planning, Budgeting, Art Buying) 5
- Elective 5
- Lab Project 5
- Advertising Design II (Art Direction) 5
- Project/Campaign/Pitch (Interdisciplinary Project) 5
- Internship/Semester abroad (Work Experience or Student Exchange Programme) 25
- Free Project (Independent Project Work, Exposé + Presentation) 5
- Creative Strategies III (Advertising Futures, Weak Signals + Trends) 5
- Interactive Design (Digital Media + UX, Interactive Advertising) 5
- Motion Design (Animation in Advertising) 5
- Market Research II (Empirical Research) 5
- Statistics (Data Analysis + Indices, Analysis Software) 5
- Advertising Film II (Production Scheduling, Production, Post Production) 5
- Media Law + Media Management (Copyright + Licensing) 5
- Narrative Environments (Brand Spaces, Exhibition, Spatial Storytelling) 5
- Application + Career (Entrepreneurship, Application + Career Coaching) 5
- Advertising + Society (Cultural Studies, Contemporary Cultural Research) 5
- Bachelor's Thesis 10
Full-Flex Offer | For international students only
Are you worried that Covid-19 might affect your academic future? Are you facing visa delays and travel restrictions? Take advantage of our offer to start your studies in April 2021 in virtual format and receive a reward!
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
Prof. Gilbert BeronneauHead of Study Programme
Prof. Bettina BorchardtUniversity Management
Prof. Sebastian DenzHead of Study Programme
Prof. Ralf KemmerProfessor
Prof. Gabor KovacsHead of Study Programme
Prof. Dr. Henning KreisProfessor
Prof. Markus WenteHead of Study Programme
Prof. Dr. Holger ZumholzProfessor
Admission requirements vary according to the educational background and citizenship of all applicants. Our admission requirements are in accordance with German legal stipulations.
The basic requirements are:
- General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Portfolio with approx. 10 creative works* (More information)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Copy of your identity card or passport
*Convince us with your talent: we are looking forward to assessing your portfolio with about 10 of your own creative works. You can upload the portfolio together with your application, send it to us or simply bring it to a personal interview.
Our English requirements
Here you can find the English requirements that you should bring along:
- Duolingo 95 points
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct recording)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 in average. Deviations from this rule are governed by the current version of the Language Center's guidelines
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Berlin University is financed by tuition fees. These revenues go towards equipping our campus, providing services for our students, and quality assurance. In this way we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
Tuition fees (per month or semester)
- 650 € / month (Citizenship EU/EEA incl. Switzerland and Western Balkans)
- 4,500 € / semester (Citizenship Non-EU/Non-EEA)
Enrolment Fee (once)
- 500€ (Citizenship EU/EEA incl. Switzerland and Western Balkans)
- 900€ (Citizenship Non-EU/Non-EEA)
You can finance your advertising studies through BAföG, student loans, education funds and scholarships. The possibilities vary according to nationality. You can find more information under "Financing your studies". Our student advisory services will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to getting to know you. This is our application process:
- You apply online at our SRH Universities Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a selection interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive the acceptance and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the registration fee (all students) and possibly the 3-month deposit (non-EU/EEA students only)
- We will prepare your letter of admission for you
- You take part in our introductory week and then it begins!
Application process in detail
This is what the admission interview is about
We would like to get to know you better and learn more about your creativity, your motivation and your vision of the future. You also have the opportunity to ask more detailed questions about the programme or the university. If you are unable to come to Berlin, we will gladly offer you an appointment online.
Get started now Your path into the future
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers