Your course content
What you will learn
The Master's degree course in Photography provides critical perspectives on photography and new visual media. You gain the tools to think and look critically at your work and the work of your peers, while also looking outward to the professional world of image makers and the historical roots of the medium. The programme is designed with enough flexibility for you to refine your own photographic orientation and artistic practice.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
The MA Photography prepares you for an immediate entry into the diverse field of visual art. This could mean, for example, working as an independent artistic or applied photographer, picture editor, art buyer or art director.
Due to the theoretical focus of the programme, you will also be able to pursue a career as a curator for museums and galleries.
The international "Master of Arts" degree also allows you to pursue an academic career, including doctorate and post-doctoral studies.
Virtual Open House | Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden
13 February 2021, 10 am - 3 pm (CET) | Get to know our professors and our team from home and take part in lectures and workshops. Sign up now!
SRH Stories Get inspired
Event SRH Berlin Virtual Info Session - SPECIAL Design & Communication programmes
We're inviting you to get to know our university and our Design & Communication programmes! Our study advisor will tell you everything you need to know and guide you through the whole process.Event
Event SRH Virtual Open House
by SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences. We have an exciting programme prepared for you. Get to know our president, professors, our team and take part in lectures and workshops. We are looking forward to seeing you.Event
To submit your application, please provide us with the following:
- Bachelor's degree - please submit your degree certificate and your Transcript of Records. (If you do not yet have the degree certificate, you can also submit it later).
- Two or three design projects (can include the BA project)
- A written proposal for an MA project (around one DIN A4-sized page)
- Optional portfolio containing more work
- School-leaving certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Admission requirements in detail
Here are the English requirements you should bring along:
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A) 59 points
- Duolingo 95 points
- TOEFL 87 ibt (direct recording)
- TOEFL 79 - 86 ibt (with additional agreement)
- TOEIC 785 (Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150)
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 average - deviations from this rule are governed by the current version of the Language Centre's guidelines
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- FCE (grade A, B or C)
Applicants whose mother tongue is English or who hold an English language school and/or university degree may be exempted from this requirement.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
As a state-recognised, private university, the SRH Berlin University is financed by tuition fees. This revenue goes towards equipping our campus, providing services for our students, and quality assurance. In this way we ensure that you receive the best possible education under optimal study conditions.
- citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans): €800 / month
- citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: €5400 / semester
The monthly/semester tuition fees remain the same for the entire duration of the study programme.
An additional enrolment fee of €500 (EU/EEA) / €900 (Non-EU/EEA) is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
Funding in detail
Application process and deadlines
We are happy to welcome you to our university. This is our application process:
- You submit your online application via the SRH Application Portal
- If you meet the admission requirements, we will invite you to a personal/phone interview
- If the interview is successful, you will receive an acceptance letter and the study contract
- You sign the study contract and send it back to us
- You pay the enrolment fee (all students) and – if you are a Non-EU/Non-EEA student – the 3-month deposit
- You receive your letter of admission
- You take part in our Orientation Week and then you are good to go!
Get started now Your path into the future
- You will take part in a step-by-step learning experience
- You will study in small teams through practice-oriented tasks
- You can concentrate on what is important in 5-week blocks
- You will receive individual support from your lecturers